“Liebster Award” is an award given to bloggers BY bloggers. It is a way to let them know how appreciated they are and how people actually takes time to read what they write. I think it is a fabulous idea and also motivates bloggers, who like me, are just starting in the business 🙂
I study at the German School and therefore I knew that the award had something to do with Germany, because “Liebster” is a German word which means dearest or sweetheart ❤ I searched a little and it seems that this award was born 3 years ago in Germany in order to get to know more blogs and give them a little push. This is why their slogan is “discover more blogs”.
A day like any other I was updating my twitter status (@fashionberblick) and saw a new direct message I thought it was spam…but when I opened it was a message from Guapuuras Blog where they were telling me that I was nominated to this award. I thought it was a joke at first but it turns out it wasn´t! I would like to thank them so much for this!… It really made my day. It is amazing to know that people who you actually don´t know read your posts and like them!!
So this is how it works:
- Thank the Blog that nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions that were asked by the Blog who nominated you
- Nominate other blogs and let them know
- Write 10 questions to your nominees
So thanks Guapuuras Blog soo much!!! I´ll answer your questions now:
1.How and why did you started your blog? I started the Blog on a summer afternoon in order to distract myself. I got inspired by a really good friend and just wrote about a person whose style I admire Kate Middleton
2. What is your style? I keep it casual for school but like to go preppy every now and then. It is the style that best suits me. In any case I think that jeans are nothing but the best.
3. In the Fashion Industry: Who do you admire and why? It may sound like a cliche but it is 100% true, I really admire COCO CHANEL. The way she practically reinvented fashion for women and never stopped fighting in order to make her dreams come true is an inspiration for my every day life. I used to stare at her pictures and master pieces in some of my mom´s books since I was a little girl.
4. What do you always wear? A bracelet given to me by one of my best friends. She bought it in Thailand, a place I´ve always wanted to visit… and it also brings back some beautiful memories.
5. If you were a city…which city would you be? I would say Rome…lots of secrets are kept there.
6. Which fashion item would you be? A necklace…I love them.
7.Favorite store and why I don´t have one but I always find little vintage stores interesting.
8. Favorite Jeans Skinny Jeans.
9.Favorite model Carmen Dell’Orefice.
10. Favorite quote “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I´m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn.
My nominees are:
- My Vintage Armoire
- Guapuuras Blog
- Que con Que
- Fashion blog México
Th Questions are:
- How do you get inspired?
- Why did you start a blog?
- How did you decide your blogs name?
- Favorite piece in your closet.
- What do you always wear?
- If you were a city which city would you be?
- How would your perfect day be?
- What do you love about yourself?
- Do you dislike something about you? What?
- A quote that defines you.
A version in Spanish is in my next post.